TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promoter: Multi Channel Network Pty Limited ABN 72 077 436 974 of Level 4, 60 Union Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Prize Supplier: Toyota Motor Corporation Australia ABN 64 009 686 097 of 155 Bertie Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207
Competition: Win the Ultimate Toyota Gazoo Racing Experience
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over at the time of Entry
2. Entrants must be Australian residents and have a registered address in New South Wales
3. Entrants may only submit one (1) Entry into the Competition on behalf of themselves. Any additional Entries will be automatically void by the Promoter.
4. Entrants acknowledge that they must be contactable by the Promoter to be successful. Entrants unable to be contacted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions for any reason will forfeit their Prize.
5. Entrants may be required to sign a legal indemnity form prior to accepting any Prizes.
6. Entrants must be the holder of a current State or Territory open driver’s licence and hold a manual driver’s licence.
7. By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Promotions are not open to:
a. employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter and the Prize Supplier or any of its agencies involved with the Promotion.
b. the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, or sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent) of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
c. any person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any Promotion run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
Entry Period: Starts at 09.00 hours AEDT on Monday 30 November 2020 and ends at 23.59 hours AEDT on Monday 7 December 2020.
This Competition will be conducted during the Entry Period. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the Entry Period will not count towards the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries for any reason whatsoever.
1. Log on to (“Website”); and
2. Fill in all the required data fields on the entry form; and
3. Tell us in 100 words or less if you could drive any Toyota Gazoo Racing vehicle, what would it be and why?
4. Entrants must also acknowledge acceptance of these Terms and Conditions to complete their Entry.
One (1) entry per person.
Judging Criteria Originality and individuality
Prize Determination: 09:00 hours AEDT on Tuesday 8 December 2020 at the home offices of the Prize Supplier.
Notification: The Promoter will notify the Prize Winner by email or telephone by 17:00 hours AEDT on Tuesday 8 December 2020.
Claim Period: A Prize Winner is determined to have claimed their prize by responding to the notification by the Promoter within two (2) business days of the notification taking place: Thursday 10th December 2020.
Unclaimed Prize Determination 17:00 hours AEDT on Thursday 10 December 2020 at the home offices of the Promoter.
The Unclaimed Prize Winners will be notified by telephone or email within one day of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
Prize: The two (2) Entrants who submitted the most original and individual Entry during the Entry Period (as judged by the Promoter and Prize Supplier in their sole discretion) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will each win the Prize.
The Prize includes:
1. Ultimate Toyota Gazoo Racing Experience Vehicle Elements, valued at A$450 per Prize Winner:
Both Prize Winners (including 1 guest each) will receive The Ultimate Toyota Gazoo Racing Experience on December 11 which includes:
o Toyota Vehicle Appreciation Activities:
Acceleration run. Up to 100 km/h. Prize Winners drive under supervision.
Stopping performance. Prize Winners drive under supervision.
Skid pan performance. Prize Winners drive under supervision.
o Toyota Hot Lap Experience:
Culminates in GR Yaris/GRSupra hot laps. Prize Winners passengers with experts.
Toyota 86 race car hot lap. Prize Winners passengers with experts.
All activities must be conducted under supervision and must be compliant with any additional terms and conditions, or restrictions as imposed by third party prize suppliers, including but not limited to Sydney Motorsport Park and the Prize Supplier.
2. Toyota Merchandise:
• Both Prize Winners (including 1 guest each)
Toyota Gazoo Racing Cap = TOTAL 4
• Both Prize Winners (including 1 guest each)
Toyota Gazoo Racing Australia key tag = TOTAL 4
• Both Prize Winners (including 1 guest each)
Toyota Gazoo Racing lanyard = TOTAL 4
• Both Prize Winners will receive a – XXL Toyota Gazoo Racing shell jacket = TOTAL 2
• Both Prize Winners guests will receive a – XXL Toyota Gazoo Racing soft shell jacket = TOTAL 2
Merchandise valued at A$177 per winner
Merchandise valued at A$118 per winner guest
3. 12 Month Kayo Subscription:
• Both Prize Winners (including 1 guest each) will receive a free 12-month subscription of Kayo Basic = TOTAL 4
Kayo Subscriptions Valued at A$300 per winner
Total prize value
Each Prize Winner shall receive the Prize, valued at A$927
Each Prize Winner guest shall receive the Prize valued at A$868
The total Prize pool for this Competition is $3,590
Prize Destination & Redemption Date
• Sydney Motor Sport Park
Ferrers Rd, Eastern Creek NSW 2766
• Friday 11th December 2020
• Arrival time: 0900
1. The Prize will be determined in the sole discretion of and the Promoter and the Prize Supplier.
2. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible in the promotion and all Entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect or misleading information may, at the discretion of the Promoter be deemed invalid.
3. The Prize Winner is responsible for transporting themselves to and from Sydney Motorsport Park on the day of the event, December 11, 2020. Transport and accommodation costs are not included in the Prize and are at the expense of the Prize Winner and their guest.
4. The Prize Winner acknowledges that the Prize is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third party prize suppliers. The Prize Winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the prize. The Promoter and Prize Supplier do not accept responsibility and are not liable for any conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by any other third-party prize supplier, or the breach of those conditions by any person.
5. Should any elements of the Prize be changed, moved, cancelled or not available for any unforeseen reason or for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control (including for example COVID-19), the Promoter and Prize Supplier takes no responsibility and the Prize Winners will not be compensated.
6. Prior to acceptance of any Prize, the Promoter and Prize Supplier may require the Prize Winner to sign documents including a Prize acceptance form, consent to broadcast (such as an image or footage release), liability or publicity waiver or indemnity form or provide the Promoter and Prize Supplier with identification and/or proof of age. Any Prize Winner that fails to sign any required documentation as requested by the Promoter or Prize Supplier may be disqualified from the Promotion.
7. Should there be any technical malfunctions for any reason, the Promoter has the option to extend Entry Period. The Promoter will then stipulate Entry Period.
8. Entry into this Competition constitutes consent on the Entrant’s part to allow Promoter and Prize Supplier to use the Prize Winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness in photos, videos or other material as (i) submitted as part of their Entry; and (ii) collected when taking the Prize, to be used for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. The Entrant acknowledges that they have no copyright in such material.
9. The Prize Winner must agree that they are willing for the activity to be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded and cooperate with all steps to provide and / or obtain the necessary permits, approvals and consents required and to sign any related agreement in relation to the activity indicating that they have done so.
10. By entering this competition, Entrants grant to the each of the Promoter and Prize Supplier a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use their name, image, voice, likeness, biographic information or any other material that identifies them, including any photographic, visual or sound recordings of the same (collectively, Recordings), for the purposes of conducting the competition and for marketing and promotional purposes. This licence includes any social media material published in accordance with the Competition.
Special conditions for event
1. If a Prize comprises tickets or attendance at any function, screening, event or performance, the Promoter and Prize Supplier accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the function, screening, event, or performance.
2. Should the function, screening, event or performance be cancelled, postponed or otherwise varied, including but not limited to the substitution of any promoted performers, then the Promoter and Prize Supplier have no responsibility to provide alternate or substitute tickets or to provide any cash equivalent in substitute for the tickets.
3. The Prize Winner will in all respects be bound by and comply with the Terms and Conditions applicable to such function, screening, event or performance including but not limited to the requirements for the Prize Winner to have consumed zero alcohol prior to participation in the Prize, and the right of the Promoter or Prize Supplier, the organiser of such a function, screening, event or performance, or their respective contractors or representatives the right to refuse the Prize Winner and / or any guests of the Prize Winner entry or service.
4. If the Prize includes attending an event where alcohol is served, then a Prize Winner and any accompanying guests must be 18 years of age or over and must carry with them photo identification.
1. The prize consists of the Prize, valued at the Total Prize Value.
2. The Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Each Prize must be taken as a whole and as stated in these Terms and Conditions. No alternative will be provided, and no compensation will be payable if a Prize Winner is unable to use the Prize.
3. The value of the Prize is the recommended retail price as provided by the Prize Supplier (inclusive of GST) and is correct as at the start of the Competition.
4. If a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter or the Prize Supplier, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
5. If an Entrant’s contact details change between the date of entry and the Unclaimed Prize Determination, the Entrant must notify the Promoter of his/her updated contact details.
6. The Promoter and Prize Supplier are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to conduct the Competition and publicise the name of the Prize Winner(s).
8. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to third parties who assist the Promoter in conducting this Competition, including regulatory authorities, entities which supply and deliver the Prizes to the Prize Winners, and marketing and communications agencies.
9. Each Prize Winner’s name will be published and retained as required by relevant legislation and as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
10. Entrants can contact the Promoter by mail at Level 4, 60 Union Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 or by telephone on (02) 9209 6300, to request access to, or corrections of, the Entrant’s personal information held by the Promoter.
12. In addition to the privacy collection statement set out above, if the entrant has ticked the “opt-in” box for marketing from Toyota, the Prize Supplier may also use the entrant's personal information to provide information about Toyota products and services (including via post, phone, email and SMS), and may disclose the information to Toyota dealers, its related bodies corporate, and contractors (including call centres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) the Prize Supplier engages for that purpose. If entrants have any concerns or queries about the way their personal information is managed by the Prize Supplier, they should contact the Prize Supplier by telephoning 1800 TOYOTA (1800 869 682) or emailing email@example.com. The Prize Supplier may continue to provide the entrant with this information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the entrant.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
13. Each Prize Winner participates in this Competition, and uses the Prize, at his or her own risk.
14. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded (including as set out under clause 15 below) the Promoter and Prize Supplier, their related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant (including the Prize Winner) in connection with the Competition or a Prize, including, without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of the Promoter or Prize Supplier, their related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel); and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
15. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter, Prize Supplier or their authorised agents for lost, ineligible, misdirected or late entries due to technical reasons or any other reason. Entries that are not genuine or are incomplete, late or in any way fraudulent will be declared void.
16. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify, the statutory implied guarantees/warranties as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth), including the statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, or similar laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
17. All Entries must be original to and created solely by the entrant. All Entries and all copyright and other rights in such entries and/or other materials (including but not limited to, photographs and videos taken by the prize winner in entering the Competition) become the property of the Promoter and Prize Supplier and will not be returned. Each entrant agrees to provide a written assignment of all rights to the Promoter or Prize Supplier if requested. By submitting an Entry and any other materials (save for any personal information) to the Promoter and Prize Supplier in connection with the Competition, each entrant:
(a) specifically authorises the Promoter and Prize Supplier to use and/or license third parties to use such Entry in whole or in part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, whether currently in existence or developed in the future, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature;
(b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the Entry or other material:
(i) are original to the entrant and fully cleared for use as contemplated in these Conditions of Entry;
(ii) do not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the entrant may be a party to;
(iii) do not contain defamatory, tortious or otherwise unlawful, untrue or inaccurate information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right; or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any law;
(iv) are not obscene or likely to cause offence;
(v) are not in any way cruel or abusive; and
(vi) will not require the Promoter or Prize Supplier to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Promoters’ use or exploitation of the same; and
(c) unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission which would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the entry and waives all moral rights in the entry that arise outside Australia.
18. This Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the prize winner.
19. The Prize Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from the Prize and should seek independent financial and taxation advice prior to their acceptance of the Prize. The Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as consequence of receiving a Prize.
20. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.